TheSpoonyBoard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

gathering of friends and geeks discussing and promoting whatever we like.

TheSpoonyBardTheSpoonyBard  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Two 360 Reviews coming soon..

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Matt
Admin
Matt

Two 360 Reviews coming soon.. Empty
PostSubject: Two 360 Reviews coming soon..   Two 360 Reviews coming soon.. EmptyMon May 19, 2008 9:07 am

I rented Dark Sector this weekend and am currently about 75% through the game. I should be able to finish it off this week and get something up for those curious.

I also am about finished with GTA, at least with the story. Probably just got about 10% of the story left or so. I will get a review up also at that time.

I am trying not to officially review anything until I complete a game, unless its such complete rubbish that its not worth it. From now on, I will try to utilize the MB here for initial thoughts so we can get more game discussion going on what we are currently playing. Thats the only bad thing about waiting until a game is finished to review - there's nothing out on the site about it.
Back to top Go down
cocoabean
Admin
cocoabean

PostSubject: GTAMeh   Two 360 Reviews coming soon.. EmptyMon May 19, 2008 9:53 am

I think i"m pretty much done with GTAIV in terms of playing it, not in terms of beating it. It really has seemed like more of the same, and while many things are improved there is still too much that annoys me. For instance, the police are just about retarded. If the police in real life were this inept every episode of COPS would just be the camera watching the criminal drive around a corner and the cops be like "wtf mate?, by the gods...he just DISAPPEARED!"
Secondly, its total cool with cops if you go 120mp in a 35mph with your uzi shooting into the nights sky while bashing into 20 civilian vehicles, but should you nudge a cop car at 10mph yer going to jail. Lets see a little consistency here, people. I think the game would be much more challenging if you genuinely had to worry about the cops.
People have already railed on the mini-games and everyone knows they are slow and crap so thats all I'll say here.
There are certainly good things about the game, it does have more of a movie feel to it then the past and I do like the story from what I saw of it, however, after playing for 20ish hours I'm just bored with doing the same missions over and over. While they are mixed up some the only variants are in who you are killing or robbing or driving to another place. Maybe I just need to play the whole game through to see more variety but should I have to? Overall I'd have to say I'm a little disappointed in the game, I can't remember the last time I had a game where I just wanted to ignore my family and play the game 24 hours a day and this once again is not it, which is sad b/c of all the people who just read the title of the game and automatically gave it a 10.

I'll move this over to the bard once someone puts up an official review as well.
Back to top Go down
http://thespoonybard.com
Matt
Admin
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Two 360 Reviews coming soon..   Two 360 Reviews coming soon.. EmptyMon May 19, 2008 2:04 pm

Good impressions. Too bad they're from you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Two 360 Reviews coming soon..   Two 360 Reviews coming soon.. Empty

Back to top Go down

Two 360 Reviews coming soon..
Page 1 of 1