TheSpoonyBoard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

gathering of friends and geeks discussing and promoting whatever we like.

TheSpoonyBardTheSpoonyBard  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Anyone see the new Narnia?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Matt
Admin
Matt

Anyone see the new Narnia? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone see the new Narnia?   Anyone see the new Narnia? EmptyMon May 19, 2008 9:45 am

I am curious if anyone saw it and thought it was an improvement over the first one?
Back to top Go down
mikea
n00b

PostSubject: Re: Anyone see the new Narnia?   Anyone see the new Narnia? EmptyMon May 19, 2008 10:24 am

Yep, I went on Friday with my wife and youngest son. It is better than the first movie. Darker story line, more action (with swords that appear to be real) and better acting. I liked the dwarves and the mice. They have real attitudes and inject humor that I don't remember from the first movie. It's definitely worth seeing, but with the amazing number of movies out or coming out right now it could be hard to fit it in. If you don't see it in the theater, be sure to rent it or buy it.
Back to top Go down
Matt
Admin
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Anyone see the new Narnia?   Anyone see the new Narnia? EmptyMon May 19, 2008 11:08 am

Sweet, thanks for the feedback Mike - and welcome.

That is exactly what I wanted to hear. I was a bit disappointed with the first one and those are things I was hoping would be better with the second. I will probably catch it in the threatre, but it may be a few weeks still. I have to see Indy first.

Speaking of - I cannot believe that they are releasing Narnia and Indy within one week of another. I see the audiences as being very similar. I think both movies will still do very well, but I found the timing to be odd.
Back to top Go down
Matt
Admin
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Anyone see the new Narnia?   Anyone see the new Narnia? EmptyMon May 19, 2008 11:09 am

Also, just saw the numbers. Narnia pulled in a very good 56.6 million, though I bet that is lower than their projections for it. Ironman still pulled in over 30 million and had to take a decent bite out of Narnia's profits.
Back to top Go down
Rob
bard
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Anyone see the new Narnia?   Anyone see the new Narnia? EmptyMon May 19, 2008 1:44 pm

I want to see both Indy and Narnia in one sitting.

The Chronicles of Narnia are one of my favorite fantasy series' of all time. I've read the whole series once a year (every summer) since I was in 1st grade.

I own all the BBC movies of it (which are pretty bad now, but I loved as a child) and was pretty much camped out to see the first disney remake in theater.

My disappointment was immense. The first movie just didn't feel....epic?...at all. I thought the voice acting for most of the animals was shockingly bad and I didn't feel like Liam Neeson (whom I love) put much effort into voicing Aslan. I actually thought the acting for the BBC version was ten times better than the disney one, even if the special effects were the equivalent of using a felt-tip on the camera lens.

Anyway, I'm glad to hear that they did a better job with Prince Caspian and I'm looking forward to seeing it. (Though Indy will come first Wink)
Back to top Go down
http://showcase.netins.net/web/sanguinethrone/
Matt
Admin
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Anyone see the new Narnia?   Anyone see the new Narnia? EmptyMon May 19, 2008 2:03 pm

My feelings for Narnia were the same as yours Rob, though I am not a diehard fan of the series as you were.

I just know that the movie translation did not do the books justice. A lot of comparisons were made to LOTR and it most definitely was a kinder translation for Tolkien's series.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone see the new Narnia?   Anyone see the new Narnia? Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone see the new Narnia?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TheSpoonyBoard :: Movies-
Jump to: